Saturday, October 6, 2012

new york city {part one}

























So far, my adventure to the east coast has been insane, for a lack of better words. Lets just say, traveling with your two sisters and their babies, mom, and a close family friend with her baby has been the most interesting experience I've had by far. I have loved being with my flame-headed nieces and (majority of) my family. First thing, it is absolutely beautiful out here. We are staying at my sister's new home placed in the heart of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. We thought it would be fun to take advantage of how close New York City is to her house, so on to the train we went. I didn't know I could have a rush of so many emotions in such a small amount of time. I guess that's what the "city that never sleeps" does to you. I think my favorite part of New York is the outskirts of where all the busy/insanity lies. We walked through the urban streets that had a really chill, old feeling. I felt like I was on the Cosby Show when I was passing all of the squished together buildings and old parks with the basketball courts closed off with wired fences. Running ten blocks through busy crowds of confused people to make it to our train back to Philly in the nick of time was definitely the cherry on top of our trip to NYC. (like that run-on sentence?) Long story short, New York is almost like a headache on crack, but in a fabulous way and I'd love to visit again. We are now comfortably sitting back in Heather's home in Philly for the next couple days and I can't wait to see what these days have in store for me. Now I'm going to go ice my feet for like a month.

Catch y'all on the flip
Celeste

No comments:

Post a Comment